Your Business and Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of the Shoals for Your Commercial Water Damage
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area.
SERVPRO of the Quad Cities specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of the Quad Cities has been serving the Florence and Muscle Shoals area since 1997. We have performed commercial water damage services for many properties over our 20 years in business.
Tips For Flooding After A Storm
SERVPRO Responding to Your Flood Damage
SERVPRO of the Quad Cities specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Several tips are listed below on what to do after storm flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. Our highly trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond immediately to flood or water damage.
Activities During a Power Outage
Activities for a Power Outage
Due to severe storms at one time or another we will experience a power outage. Keeping yourself and your kids busy can be a chore. Listed below are activities to keep everyone occupied:
- Get out the board games. Often, we are too caught up in the hustle and bustle to enjoy actual family time. Seize the moment and enjoy a board game together.
- Workbooks, puzzles, or coloring books are a great way to relax and pass time. These can be fun for family members of all ages.
- Bring back charades! Playing charades could be a great way to get your family laughing and communicating.
- Get out your instruments and make some music.Have a sing along and perform your own personal concert.
- Use your artistic skills and spend time drawing, painting, or crafting. Make collages, drawings, paintings, or do origami. Or really go big and make some jewelry!
- Exercise or do yoga. Get steps in by walking around the house (you might feel crazy but hey, who cares?) or do some stretching or make up your own work out and have a family boot camp.
- Make a comic book. You could do these individually or together as a family.
- Play hangman or tic-tac-toe. This would be a great way to pass time, especially if you do not have a board game on-hand.
- Play trivia. Make your own questions!
- Do crossword puzzles, Sudoku, or word games. They pass the time and work your brain.
- Show the kids how you played as a kid. Grab extra sheets and pillows to build a fort.
- Get out the yarn. Do needlework, sewing, cross-stitch, crocheting, or knitting. You can make a blanket, scarf, hat, or create wall art.
- Visit with friends. Get to know your neighbors. Take a walk, weather permitting.
Don’t forget to repack your kit after each use so that it’s ready again for your next power outage or rainy day!
Also, don't forget that Florence Utilities now has real-time updates of any power outages in Florence, Killen, Rogersville and the rest of their services area.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Let the Professionals Clean Your Carpet
Removing dirt and getting out a stain can be a real challenge in commercial carpet. The sooner you can treat the stain the better your chances of successfully removing it. If you wait until carpets look dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance.
Some stains may require professional services. SERVPRO offers professional commercial carpet cleaning. Showcase Carpet Cleaning features oil-free shampoo, no residue, won’t attract soil and stays clean longer with no re-soiling. We vacuum your carpet before any cleaning begins to remove surface soils and use a pilating process so there is no matting and fibers dry in natural position. If your company has rugs, they can be picked up and brought to our warehouse for cleaning and delivered back.
Call your local SERVPRO of the Quad Cites to discuss your needs for Commercial Carpet Cleaning and learn of our features. We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards.
Commercial Water Damage
SERVPRO Commercial Water Restoration
SERVPRO of the Quad Cities specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When an emergency arises in your business, give SERVPRO a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. We will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Workplace Fire Safety Tips
Have Fire Exit Posted and Marked
Most fires attended by fire rescue is in non-residential workplaces. Some common causes of fire in the workplace are faulty equipment, clutter, human error, and combustible materials on site. Arson makes up a large percentage of the fires on business premises.
Teaching your employees what to look for and steps to follow can create a safe environment. Listed below are steps for employees to follow and practice to keep them in control in case of a fire outbreak. 1. Have your employees get organized. Clutter can contribute to fires and block exits.
- Make sure there is a designated area for employees to smoke. Smoking should never be done in or around chemical staging area.
- Make sure all equipment is maintained and any faulty wiring is reported
- Make sure all chemicals are stored properly with adequate ventilation
- Make sure all employees know where the exits are. Have each exit posted and marked.
- Employees should have a list of emergency contacts and their phone numbers. Have the numbers to the business, address, and floor plan readily available.
Prevention is always better, and risk can be greatly reduced by following and maintaining safety measures. Keep your business and employees safe by staying organized, maintaining equipment, storing chemicals properly, know exit route, and keeping a list of all emergency contacts.
Fire Safety Tools
Fire Safety Tools
When it comes to a fire in your home minutes count. When prepared you can keep your family safe. Having the proper tools is a way to be prepared. Below are tools that can be used in your home to help prevent fires and be alerted of a fire outbreak:
- Smoke and Fire alarms play a vital role in preventing death and injury
- Fire extinguishers can put out small fires and save lives and property
- Properly installed sprinkler system can reduce the flames and smoke during a fire
- Carbon Monoxide alarms should be placed in homes with detached garages and burning appliances. This is an odorless gas that is referred to as the invisible killer
- Flame retardants work to inhibit a fire. They are one of the most effective ways to slow ignition
When faced with fire or smoke damage, SERVPRO of the Quad Cities is your trusted leader in fire damage repair and restoration. We are dedicated to responding immediately to your damage emergency. Our specialists are committed to providing superior service while restoring your property back to pre-fire condition.
Risk of Electrical Fire
Risk of Electrical Fire
Electrical problems are a major cause of fires. There is plenty of energy in an electrical appliance to cause a fire. If not properly maintained and installed, they can be responsible for fire and injury.
Electrical fires can be divided into three categories:
- Fires started by worn out electrical equipment. Examples include dirty electric motors and deteriorated insulation.
- Improper use of approved equipment. Examples include overloaded cords and improper use of heating appliances.
- Accidental occurrence or operator error. Examples are lamps, heating equipment left on, and clothes left in contact with heating devices.
Inspect your home for older pieces of equipment and cords that may be damaged or frayed. Remember that when using an extension cord it should only be a temporary solution. Remember that multiple plug adaptors can cause an overload to the circuits.
Consider all the risk factors and maintain proper use of all electrical appliances. Be sure to keep combustible material away from heating sources. Following guidelines and taking safety precautions can greatly reduce you risk of electrical fires.
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of The Quad Cities is close by and ready to respond to your smoke or fire damage emergency. Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call us today at 256-383-4470.
Preventing Trash Fires
Prevent Trash Fires
Help Prevent Trash Fires
Anything that is not recyclable that is put in the trash can be a fire hazard. Some items are more susceptible to causing a fire when not properly disposed of.
Rechargeable Batteries: car batteries, camera batteries, cell phone batteries and any similar batteries are a fire hazard
Flammable and Combustible Liquids: gasoline, oil-based paints and kerosene carry fumes that can easily ignite.
Household Chemicals: These chemicals can mix and cause fires. Chemicals can include ammonia, paint thinner and bleach. When the liquid has been used, rinse out the container before placing in the trash.
Ashes and Coals: Misjudgment of how long it takes for coals and ashes to burn out can lead to a fire. It is best to leave in the firepit or grill for 2 days to allow cooling off.
Play your part by recycling and properly disposing of flammable and combustible materials while preventing trash fires.
Call for Your Estimate!
If your business or facility faces any size of disaster call your Local SERVPRO of the Quad Cities. We are available for all your cleaning, restoration, and remediation jobs. The sooner mitigation starts the likelihood of more damage to your facility lessens. We are prepared to work efficiently to minimize interruptions to your business. Our professionals are available 24-7 to help remediate any damage, regardless of the cause, scale of the loss, or the size of your facility.
Not only is SERVPRO your number one choice in restoration but they provide general cleaning. Services for upholstery, carpet and HVAC cleaning are provided. Creating a clean environment at your place of business attracts customers. Call today for an estimate on services or to get your business back to preloss condition.